Letter from the president:
The Presidential Park Gardeners Club was founded in 1948 when a small group of women in a Cuyahoga Falls neighborhood joined together with a common interest in gardening and in the love of flowers.
Over the years the club has faithfully maintained an Adopt-a-Spot at the Acme on State Road, planted flowers at Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital for more than 20 years and contributed money to scholarship funds going to students majoring in horticulture or related fields. In addition the club has helped to support state and worldwide ecological projects such as Big Darby ( reclamation) in Ohio and Seeds of Friendship sent to women in Afghanistan.
The members enjoy visiting gardens and nurseries, attending lectures and demonstrations related to planting or flower arranging and touring each others gardens.
Through the years we have taken in new members and lost beloved old members, but we all remain loving and caring friends.
Presidential Parks Gardeners is affiliated with Garden Forum of Greater Akron and Garden Club of Ohio, Inc.
Joyce Giffin, Club President 2011
p.s. Watch this site for information regarding our large and varied plant sale coming on May 28th.
Beth Ann Daye, webmaster.